Re: SoC: Improve syslogd

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 09:59:39PM +0200, Rainer Gerhards wrote:
> The standard demands that each server is
> authenticated. It doesn't demand that operators really use that, but
> the implementation must support it and do so by default.

That's fine. I mean that each host running syslogd has a single
certificate to authenticate itself to others. That should be good enough
for most purposes.

> Is it actually the only TLS library or is it the default one (so no
> GnuTLS or NSS)?

NetBSD provides out-of-the-box only OpenSSL and is unlikely to change
that. For practical purposes, OpenSSL is by far the most important
library to worry about here.

Joerg