Re: Bumping shlib majors (was: CVS commit: src/lib/libcrypto)

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 01:17:46PM +0200, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> Replying to Christos' update of openssl and in particular libcrypto:
>
> First: many thanks for the heavy lifting!

No kidding.  This has been on my plate for months, and Christos took
it off in the space of an afternoon.

> Second: I see you bumped the major version number of libcrypto.
> If I've understood correctly, proper ELF shared library hygiene
> rules then dictate that all the other shared libraries which
> depend on libcrypto also need to have their major numbers bumped.

With libcrypto, at least libssl must *always* be bumped.  I think the
way we build Heimdal, all the Heimdal-supplied libraries and anything
which depends on them must be bumped as well -- such as the PAM modules
you found.

Thor