calendar on Sunday shows Wednesday and multiple days are skipped

Using:
     $NetBSD: calendar.c,v 1.45 2008/04/09 17:47:53 christos Exp $

My ~/calendar.test is:

Monday          Monday
*Monday         *Monday
Tuesday         Tuesday
*Tuesday        *Tuesday
Wednesday       Today is Wednesday
Wednesday       Wednesday
*Wednesday      *Wednesday
*Thursday       *Thursday
Thursday        Thursday
*Friday *Friday
Friday  Friday
**              **

Few problems:

1) running calendar on Saturday shows an entry for Tuesday, but not
Monday. (I think it should show Monday since is weekend even though that
is not documented. It should not show Tuesday.)

$ calendar -d 0503 -f /home/reed/calendar.test
*Tuesday        *Tuesday
**              **

2) running calendar on Sunday shows entries for Monday and Wednesday but
not Tuesday. (I don't think it should show Wednesday or Tuesday.)

$ calendar -d 0504 -f /home/reed/calendar.test
*Monday         *Monday
Wednesday       Today is Wednesday
*Wednesday      *Wednesday
**              **

3) running calendar today (Monday) shows Monday, Tuesday, Thursday entries
but not Wednesday. (I think it should show Monday and Tuesday and not
Thursday nor Wednesday.)

$ calendar -f /home/reed/calendar.test
*Monday         *Monday
*Tuesday        *Tuesday
*Thursday       *Thursday
**              **

4) calendar man page documents that lines may begin with a character
string and "[a] day without a month matches that day of every week." and
has this example:
           Thursday        ... Every Thursday.
But days don't match for me at all.

See my calendar.test above.

5) Multiple entries for same day or missed:

tx:work$ calendar -d 0504 -f /home/reed/calendar.test
*Monday         *Monday
Wednesday       Today is Wednesday
*Wednesday      *Wednesday

See my other Wednesday entry in calendar.test above.

I try to use calendar for a long time to remind me of appointments. But
when I get information reminded to me on wrong days I attend to ignore it
when it is the right day. Also losing reminders is not helpful either.