Re: RFC: Going the LDAP/Kerberos way with NetBSD.

Alan Barrett <apb%cequrux.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Thu, 01 May 2008, Anders Magnusson wrote:
>> There has not been any suggestion at all to drop neither files nor nsswitch.
>
> Then please don't use the term "replacement" to talk about your idea.
> When you say "X should be a replacement for Y", people assume that you
> mean "the support for Y should be removed".

Heh, but Ragge didn't use the term "replacement".  People replying to
him did.  I've been watching this thread with amusement.  It almost
looks like people just assume what Ragge is proposing based on their
own "LDAP is bad, mkay" premise and then proceed dealing with that
perception instead of the original proposal.

-uwe