Re: [OT]Who's in charge of Localization (L10N) in NetBSD?

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 06:38:48PM +0900, Takehiko NOZAKI wrote:
> hi,
>
> > Who's in charge of Localization (L10N) in NetBSD?
>
> maybe it's me.

> third, other LC_{COLLATE,NUMERIC,MONETARY,TIME,MESSAGES
> and ISO/IEC TR14652 extensions} stuffs and localedef(1) tool
> are not implemented yet.
> so that any language translations are not needed at this point.
>
> but if it done, i'll convert FreeBSD's locale databases
> to POSIX charmap/localedef files.
> so that, to maintain FreeBSD's locale databases may be great help for me.

I've started the process of converting FreeBSD's locale databases
to the NetBSD format.  I just haven't had the time to finish.  I've
got a script that automates the conversion.  However, I'm not sure
that the FreeBSD's files are exactly correct.  This is based on
comparisons of locale information from GNU (libc), Open Solaris
(contributed), and Windows XP, along with various web searches for
"official" locale information.

I've also started work on a localedef(1) tool.  Again, not enough time
to complete.