rpcgen with env variable CPP set to "cc -E"

Hi,

I am currently running into a stupid problem with autoconf/make and
rpcgen. To make this story short, autoconf sets environment variable CPP
to "cc -E". In a (automaked) makefile, rpcgen then gets invoked with this
CPP, and then fails with the error
rpcgen: $CPP: cc -E: No such file or directory

This is of course because rpcgen tries to exevp() CPP directly.
I would rather not hack some "unset CPP" or so in the makefiles, as this
runs fine on other systems than netbsd.

What do you think of splitting CPP into an argv[] array in rpcgen?
I could of course provide some patch if you think this is a valuable
idea.

Best,
Anthony