Re: mounting by wedge name

Bill Stouder-Studenmund wrote:
On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 01:49:53PM -0800, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
Certainly, I could see devfs removing the need for a lot of this - which
would make me happy.  Meanwhile...

mjf's chimmed in, indicating something will happen w/ devfs. I've been helping him with it, and wedges are the main reason I want devfs.

Yes, I think it makes sense to wait - especially since I found a number of other cases I would have had to deal with.

My thought is something like /dev/wedge/wedgename, and you'd just mount that as normal. There will of course be time to hash this out before we check it in...

I would think perhaps /dev/dk/<wedgename> - since a 'wedge' shows up as a 'dk' device.

+j