Re: declaration of strptime

 >> Nothing. The man page is explicit about what standards it belongs it
 >> and the header reflects that.

> I don't agree.  The linux man page for strptime() starts

>        #define _XOPEN_SOURCE /* glibc2 needs this */
>        #include <time.h>

>        char *strptime(const char *s, const char *format, struct tm *tm);

> which is a lot friendlier.

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/strptime.html

For what reason they want _XOPEN_SOURCE?

I think this is a bug of glibc (2.3.6, Debian/etch).

BYI:
http://www.phpman.info/index.php?parameter=strptime&mode=man

(year 2003)

strptime.1 from Debian/etch is dated 2001. Fixed in latest glibc?

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.