Subject: Re: rc, rc.subr, rc.conf, nfs-mounted /usr [was: Re: CVS commit:
To: Rob Windsor <windsor@warthog.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/13/2000 00:31:33
On 13-Jan-00 Rob Windsor wrote:
> Step 1: Read my previous post to you (and tech-userlevel, and others)

I'd just like to publicly apologize to Rob for blaming him for this change.
Rob just happened to make the cvs log entry that caught my eye, and wasn't at
all at fault.

The code that causes this is in rc, namely:

        conflist=`cd /etc; ls -1d etc.* 2>&1 | egrep -v 'current|default'`
which occurs before:
        sh /etc/netstart

I think there is other code in there that causes a few problems.. but this one
is what sticks out the most.. (I think install is called somewhere.. but cannot
recall)..  Is there something other than grep that can be used in this peice of
code?

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>