Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
To: Bill Studenmund <>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/13/2000 00:13:57
On 12-Jan-00 Bill Studenmund wrote:
> Well, this is now on tech-userlevel, where it should be discussed. :-)
> What do people think?

I think the person who made the change, (not Rob Windsor) needs to either back
it out.. or come up with a way that won't break functionality that people rely
on.   Perhaps not many people.. but I think it's totally unacceptable to break
something like this.. that not only have a few people spoken up about, but is
unarguably a useful feature to have.

Not wanting to string up the person who did this publicly.. I've contacted him
privately (previous to this recent rekindling)..  I personally like the feature
that this change introduced, and would like to see it stick around.. but not at
the cost of losing a feature I rely upon heavily.  I, nor anyone else, should
ever have to hack at rc so I can boot my machines.

Tim Rightnour <>
NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS
NetBSD Mailing lists on the web: