Re: How out of date is "netbsdpe"?

Thanks for digging that up, David. I very much appreciate it.

I'm going to start with removing support for that in Bintutils, then. I think that will help simplify the main patch, and smooth things out more generally.

John

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021, at 3:09 AM, David Holland wrote:
On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 06:37:35PM -0400, John Ericson wrote:
> When working on patches for GCC and Binutils to change the meaning
> of "netbsd" in configs to mean ELF rather than a.out as discussed
> in the other thread, I noticed there was also a "netbsdpe" in a few
> places.

> I assume this stands for "NetBSD Portable Executable". Has this
> been supported any time in recent memory? (My background knowledge
> is that the time-frame of other non-Windows OSes trying out PE was
> very brief and long ago.)

Not that I know of. There was a COMPAT_PECOFF for a while, but it
never did much and was removed in 2011.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost