Re: Make __CTASSERT1 true static assert

    Date:        Thu, 19 Sep 2019 13:50:19 +0200
    From:        Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>

  | On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 01:41:42PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
  | > Our version of _CTASSERT does not work as static assert.
  |
  | I am not sure what you mean here.

I believe that he means much the same as you mean, but by
not actually including the (small) patch, but instead just
giving a http:// reference to it, that was not at all clear
from the message.

  | > #include <sys/cdefs.h>
  | > int main(int argc, char **argv) { __CTASSERT(argc < 0); return 0; }
  |
  | I think this is an abuse of __CTASSERT and should not be supported.

I agree, Kamil's point (not clearly stated) was that the compilers
don't currently reject it.  In his updaed version they will.

kre