Re: Fixing $ORGIN RPATHs - at least some of them

On Sun, Nov 05, 2017 at 03:04:14PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> The patch below makes ld.elf_so try to fall back to /proc/current/exe
> if the kernel did not pass an execname in AUX and $ORIGIN needs to
> be expanded.

I object to this code. The procfs implementation is *very* far from
reliable, i.e. it regularly fails on my build machine even under light
load. ld.elf_so should not depend at all on it. It's the last thing that
should play Russian Roulette with you.

Joerg