Re: [lldb-dev] LLDB/NetBSD extended set of tasks

The main consumer of thread stop reasons is the execution control (ThreadPlans - which handle stepping & function calling - and StopInfo::PerformAction which handles breakpoint/watchpoint hits).  The only bad effect of populating all the threads with the whole process signals is if any of the plans did anything special with that signal.  Some of the thread plans do care about a few signals, but those are mostly SIGSEGV and the like (the function calling plans care about this.)  I can't see what it would mean to send a whole process SIGSEGV, however, that seems like it is always going to be a thread specific thing.  Ditto for however you see a breakpoint hit (SIGTRAP?)  Those really have to be thread specific...

I can't think of anything else this would really affect, so going forward with your "process => all threads" fiction is probably fine for a first pass.

Jim