Re: GSOC - Interested in making u-boot compilable on NetBSD

On 12 March 2016 at 16:43, Christos Zoulas <christos%astron.com@localhost> wrote:

> This is the right place. U-boot can be used to boot many different
> machines, so you should choose a machine/architecture you have access to
> in order to be able to test. The most useful to us I think would be arm.
> As I mentioned to others before, you should write a proposal and split
> down the project into manageable chunks with intermediate deliverables
> so that you can measure your progress and judge if you are ahead or behind.
>
> christos

I've appended a quick draft of the proposal in markdown format, and
I've made an attempt to split the project up into intermediate stages.
I'd appreciate any comments, especially with regard to the timeframe.
Having ported a C library (newlib) to a homebrew kernel in the past,
the initial 4-weeks for getting the *preliminaries* up and running
seems feasible to me (i.e. having it build without issue), but to be
quite honest I haven't before worked on a project of this scale, so I
could very well be underestimating.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Draft: