[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
I strongly believe that I am not the only own tired of dealing with lint
crap. As written before:
(1) The user experience is completely horrible. Even GCC produces more
(2) The majority of the diagnosed issues is useless. The useful cases I
know of are pretty much all covered by non-default options to either GCC
or Clang. The latter have a much, much lower false positive rate.
(3) The default SNR is abysmal.
(4) It doesn't understand GCC-style attributes and it doesn't support
flow graph based analysis.
(5) The only mildly sensible part is the inter-object checking and even
that is basically obsolete by using prototypes in headers.
(6) It still doesn't even handle C99 fully.
Based on all this, I want to stop wasting my time on "fallout" from lint
and disable it by default.
Main Index |
Thread Index |