Re: Initial LLVM/clang patch

On Thu Feb 03 2011 at 17:18:39 +0100, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> You haven't addressed my point, though - why are you trying to
> re-invent pkgsrc?

Why does our current toolchain reinvent pkgsrc?  I don't see any
fundamental difference in "externalness" if you import a suitable copy
into src and download it with src (gcc), or if you import the version
information of a suitable copy into src and download it on a per-need
basis (proposed llvm development approach).

--
älä karot toivorikkauttas, kyl rätei ja lumpui piisaa