Re: MK variables and removal of old files

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010, Khelben Blackstaff wrote:
> So, i want to ask what is the proper way to delete old files after
> compiling the base system with custom MK variables ?

Assuming that you mean "files marked as obsolete" when you say "old
files", then I think that "postinstall fix obsolete" should do the right
thing, even if you used custom MK* variables.  This will work best if
you use the same MK* settings every time.

On the other hand, if you build and install with different combinations
of custom MK* variabels every time, then I don't know a recommended way
of deleting files that are excluded from your current build due to MK*
variables, but that are not marked as obsolete.

--apb (Alan Barrett)