Re: config(5) break down

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 09:09:12AM +0000, Julio Merino wrote:

> I never said that.  But last I read, NetBSD has never been targeted
> exclusively to people working on embedded systems.

Correctamundo.  95% of downloads in the week following the release of 5.0
were for x86.  It doesn't say much about embedded but does tell us that
a very large segment of the user population does commodity hardware.

(What the figures also revealed was that a number of the ports had as close
to zero downloads as matters.  Which is, to be frank, a red flag for
those that are not maintained.)