Re: Sets, subsets, syspkgs, and MK*

  Those variables will be sanitized by bsd.own.mk.  Same are renamed and
  others are checked (integrity, consistency, conflicttion, dependency,
  ...).

  For example MKSOFTFLOAT will be converted to USE_SOFTFLOAT or
  __USE_SOFTFLOAT or NETBSD_CONFIG_USE_SOFTFLOAT or whatever namespace
  and used in the tree.  MKSOFTFLOAT stands as user interface.

I would be happy to see any bugs in MK* and USE* fixed.  But I do not
understand what the problem is and why mass renaming is helpful.  The
MK* and USE* notion seems entirely sensible, and the only thing that is
perhaps wrong is that the docs aren't good enough.