Re: libgcc

> Libc on Linux does not have a dependency on libgcc_s.so; I'm not sure why
> NetBSD should need one.

They have different linkers than ours, don't they?

If I read the latest GCC source correctly, libraries built with -shared are
linked only with libgcc.a if the given platform supports --eh-frame-hdr.
Otherwise shared libraries get linked with libgcc_s.so.

Quick grep shows that Linux, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD enables --eh-frame-hdr.
NetBSD doesn't.

Masao

--
Masao Uebayashi / Tombi Inc. / Tel: +81-90-9141-4635