Re: files missing from some syspkgs packages

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
> I've found that files in base.tgz that have been assigned to comp-*
> syspkgs don't get put into those packages. The two main examples are
> that bin/ld is missing from comp-util-bin and all usr/share/mk/*.mk are
> missing from comp-util-share. etc/release suffers from a similar
> problem.

I don't have a /bin/ld.  Did you mean /usr/bin/ld?

I have spent only a fw minutes on this, but it appears that MKBFD may be
set to NO, which means that this line from distrib/sets/lists/base/mi:

./usr/bin/ld                                 base-util-bin           bfd

is ignored by some things that parse the lists.

> I would be inclined to move usr/share/mk/*.mk into comp.tgz and
> resolve that issue that way. Removing bin/ld from the base install
> is something I'm much less inclined to do. Maybe move it to
> base-sysutil-root which is where modload is because modload might be
> the only thing keeping bin/ld in base.tgz.

How will moving things around fix the bug?

--apb (Alan Barrett)