creating directories for syspkgs

On Tue, 12 May 2009, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 07:45:45PM +0300, Alan Barrett wrote:
> > How do you suggest I use @pkgdir to create directories with the correct
> > ownership and permissions?
>
> What is correct ownership/permissions here?

"correct" is "whatever METALOG says".  For example, if METALOG says

./var/chroot/named/etc/namedb/cache type=dir uname=named gname=named mode=0775

and src/distrib/sets/lists/base/mi says:

./var/chroot/named/etc/namedb/cache base-bind-root

then I want to put something in the base-bind-root syspkg to create the
directory with owner named, group named, mode 0775, and to remove the
directory if the syspkg is removed.

What I do now:

I add a directory node to the pax archive with the correct ownership and
mode:

$ tar -z -tvf base-bind-root-5.99.11.0.20090427.tgz | grep cache
drwxrwxr-x  2 named    named          0 Apr 27 22:00
var/chroot/named/etc/namedb/cache

and I add the following lines to +CONTENTS:

$ tar -z -xf base-bind-root-5.99.11.0.20090427.tgz -O +CONTENTS | grep cache
@exec install -d -o named -g named -m 0775 %D/var/chroot/named/etc/namedb/cache
@dirrm var/chroot/named/etc/namedb/cache

What doesn't work:

Current versions of pkg_add complain "PLIST entry and package don't
match" as soon as they encounter a directory in the pax archive.  This
used to work with older versions of pkg_add.

What I would like to do:

I would like to add a directory node to the pax archive with the correct
ownership and mode, and also add as little as possible to the +CONTENTS
file to get pkg_add to do the right thing.  Ideally, I'd like to simply
mention the directory name in +CONTENTS; it would also be OK if I had
to use a trailing slash.  Each directory belongs to exactly one syspkg
(as recorded in src/sistrib/sets/lists), so syspkgs don't need @pkgdir's
behaviour of treating the directory as shared between multiple packages.

--apb (Alan Barrett)