Re: building modules by build.sh (Re: exec: /sbin/init: error 8)

ad%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:

> > > Yes, we should have a separate set for that.
> >
> > I've already prepared modules.* list files in
> > src/distrib/sets/lists/base so it should be trivial
> > to create independent modules.tgz in
> > src/distrib/sets/set.subr etc.
> >
> > But for sysinst(8) we have to modify all files under
> > distrib/utils/sysinst/arch and it will take some more time
> > for confirmation.
>
> I'm all in favour of the set and the build.sh part - thanks for looking into
> this. A couple of points to consider:
>
> - In the "kernel directory" we may install stuff other than kernel modules.
>   Some examples: firmware blobs, a splashscreen image, .prop files for
>   modules. So modules.tgz might not be the best file name.

Hmm, we should have some discussion about the set name then.
(in a separate discussion about the location of the kernel directory)

- module.tgz
- modules.tgz
- kmod.tgz
- kern-mod.tgz
- kern-module.tgz
etc?

I have a feeling that the set name should contain some strings
which indicate it belongs to kernel, not userland.

---
Izumi Tsutsui