Re: Portable type definitions for tools

11 sep 2008 kl. 13.06 skrev Joerg Sonnenberger:

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:13:59AM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:
I see that autoconf 2.63 is now available, and has used GPLv3 since 2.62.
There's no entry in the NEWS file stating when the license changed;
I had to trawl through the git repository to determine this.

It was in the email announcement:

This version of Autoconf uses GPLv2+ plus an exception for its installed
executables, as described in COPYING; the exception covers the
implications of including an autoconf-generated script in your project.
Meanwhile, several source files within the Autoconf project are under
GPLv3+, as described in COPYINGv3; these files are used for building
and installing Autoconf, but are not present in the installed
programs.  The entire Autoconf project will move to GPLv3+ when the
exception statements have been reformulated in terms of the Additional
Permissions as described in section 7 of GPLv3.

Love