re: xorg going into /usr/X11R7 - best way to handle mtree/NetBSD.dist

   On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 07:16:50AM +1000, matthew green wrote:
     | hi folks.
     |
     | i'm going to make our native xorg build put stuff in /usr/X11R7.
     |
     | does anyone have any ideas on how to do this without duplicating
     | all the mtree entries in NetBSD.dist, and the sets lists?

   Not without a lot of reworking, which is not likely (nor desirable)
   this close to branching 5.0.

   I would just add the appropriate /usr/X11R7 directories to the
   NetBSD.dist (a la /usr/X11R6), and if/when we implement a
   mechanism to allow optional directory creation in that system,
   we can switch to it then.

OK.  that's the easy way too!

     | ideally a solution that allowed the X11 dirs not to be created
     | for MKX11=no dirs would be great, but, i'll take one that just
     | does one or the other...

   I would:

    * Make MKX11!=no and MKXORG!=no mutually exclusive.
      This is a larger issue in the build system, and requires
      a bit of work to implement.
      (It would also prevent other problems seen by yourself and
      rtr@ during the testing of external/mit/xorg recently)

ok.

    * Modify sets.subr to support "x11" and "xorg" tags

    * Reuse the lists/x* files; add "x11" tag to the existing paths,
      and "xorg" to new files installed by your new infrastructure.

yes - that was my idea too, hopefully with no to minimal
changes to the sets infrastructure itself.

thanks for your reply.

.mrg.