Re: execution policy for shells

Brett Lymn <blymn%baea.com.au@localhost> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 07:35:14AM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> >
> > It's "possible via veriexec" inasmuch as you can allow only the one
> > true blessed shell to run, and implement whatever policy you care to
> > in that shell.  This is how the VMS dynamic linker protected the rest
> > of the system from bad shared objects...
>
> actually, veriexec can be more subtle than that.  You can bless
> certain shell scripts but deny the direct invocation of the shell
> interpreter.

But that requires me explicitly stating which scripts are allowed to
run, right?  What I'm looking for is a way to allow any arbitrary script
to be executed so long as it's signed by an entity I previously
identified.  If no signature is found, the signature does not verify or
is not by the entity I declared, then execution is refused.

-Jan