Re: execution policy for shells

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 07:54:56AM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> > actually, veriexec can be more subtle than that.  You can bless
> > certain shell scripts but deny the direct invocation of the shell
> > interpreter.  That means that #!/bin/powershell at the top of the
>
> In which case you can't even have an emergency login shell on your
> system.  Not 100% sure what I think about that one.

Only if you set the policy up that way, you can have an interactive
shell but not "bless" any shell scripts for that shell just like you
would any other executable object but what veriexec will let you do
is, say, install perl and be able to run a bunch of perl scripts
(because they are "blessed") but not invoke perl from the command line
but only if that is what you choose to do, you could just as easily
let perl be run from the command line if you want to.  I thought
having the distinction between directly running the interpreter and
running scripts using that interpreter was sort of a useful thing.

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: