Re: using git now and committing to real CVS repo?

On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 03:36:24PM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
 > I am working on a task that involves modifying over 500 source files.
 >
 > I have years of experience with git and it will be useful for me to
 > quickly do git diffs etc.

You can do this:

   http://www.netbsd.org/~dholland/notes/hg-mq-on-cvs.html

except with git, but since git doesn't have anything like mq (or is
topgit still around?) you may find it painful to wrestle with git to
persuade it to tell you what your changes were. Then again, if you
have years of experience with git I guess you're probably used to
that.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost