tech-repository archive

Re: Scaling Mercurial at Facebook

On Tue, 7 Jan 2014 23:28:14 +0100 Thomas Klausner <>
> Facebook explains how they worked on Mercurial and what they changed
> to provide good performance for a big, high activity repository:

I substantially prefer Mercurial to git. However, I think at this
point one should be reasonably realistic and accept that git has won.

If git was unacceptably awful, I would see good cause to buck the
trend and use something else. However, it is good enough, and at this
point the tooling surrounding it has become overwhelmingly useful.

Perry E. Metzger