Re: So what needs to be done?

Hi,
On Apr,Thursday 30 2009, at 11:26 PM, Roy Marples wrote:

Adam Hamsik wrote:
I was able to import whole CVS history to git with 'corecode' fromcvs
tool. I have src, xsrc, pkgsrc
and othersrc gitrepos with whole history(with all branches, but there
are no tags e.g. there os
netbsd-5 branch butnot netbsd-5-rc4 tag)

Was that an import decision or a technical limitation?

It is technical limitation of tool used for conversion. But there is no other tool which was able to convert
src and pkgsrc repos to git and supports incremental updates.

I can do incremental updates,
too. which means that I can keep
my repos up to date with main CVS repository.

Git repo sizes for src and pkgsrc are:

module, CVS size, Git size
src    6.9Gb      1,1Gb
pkgsrc  2Gb      848Gb

Is that 848Gb a typo? It can't be that big - I'm not sure I can buy a
disk that big!

Ah sorry yes it is 848Mb big :).

Regards

Adam.