Re: is the proof in the pudding?

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 05:08:36PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Rafal Boni <rafal%pobox.com@localhost> writes:
> > On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 05:29:24AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> >> # cd /usr/src
> >> # du -sk .
> >> 992404  .
> >
> > Here I get 987406 from a few day old checkout.
>
> Are you including /usr/xsrc or not? (My guess is that this is why I
> got 1.4G)

No, I'm not, so that might make sense.

> > Just adding that all to a newly-created GIT repo gives me a repo
> > size of 394254k, about 40% of the size of the checked-out tree.  Of
> > course this says nothing of what our full repo with all it's history
> > would do to that, but it's nice to know that it's cost me < 50% of
> > the tree size without any work on my part (besides 'git add' and
> > 'git commit').
>
> Nice!

Yeah, I thought it was!

--rafal

PS: This is about all the GIT interfacing I've done, so I'm not yet
advocating it for anything, but on my sparc64's speed is an issue,
so I thought I'd give it a whirl due to the claimed speedyness.

--
  Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so.     |/\/\|           Rafal Boni
                   -- Ford Prefect               |\/\/|