Re: is the proof in the pudding?

Adam Hamsik <haaaad%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
> On Jul,Monday 28 2008, at 4:25 PM, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>>
>> That would clearly be part of the whole effort. Partisans for any
>> given system would have to demonstrate that they could succeed in
>> converting the tree or there would be no way we could adopt their
>> tool. That's part of the whole reason for "lets not discuss this in
>> the abstract, lets try things out" -- we will have an easier time
>> deciding if we find certain tools simply can't be used at all!
>
> I think that before we try to import our tree to new VCS. We should
> make a basic candidate list,

Why?

> For start it would be good if every VCS partisan here try to fill
> form like this[1]

I think we need less bureaucracy here and more action. The VCSes that
have supporters and prove to be practical will get considered, the
others won't. Trying to import the tree into some random VCS is cheap,
and the only time wasted is that of the people who think that VCS is a
good idea.

Perry