tech-pkg archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: Tired of building rust



John Klos <john%klos.com@localhost> writes:

> Does anyone know what prevents graphics/gd from using libimagequant-c
> instead of the rust one? It seems quite a heck of an unnecessary
> amount of dependencies for, for example, apcupsd, which wants gd.

You might see if you can just drop gd.  It's not immediately obvious why
a UPS control program needs graphics.

I don't know how to interpret "prevents".  As I understand things there
is a switch to use the C version of various programs if the platform is
marked as not capable of rust.   I am guessing -- because you  left out
pretty much everything -- that you are on a platform which is  capable
or theoretically capable, and don't want to, so you could modify the
switches and add RUST_REFUSENIK=yes.

Consider also rust-bin.



Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index