Re: Daemon user

On 5/14/24 06:56, Greg Troxel wrote:
Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> writes:

Nevermind...  I just realized that I have to manually copy the updated
rc script to /etc/rc.d.  This differs from FreeBSD, where the
port/package automatically installs rc scripts to ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d
and they run from there.

PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS=	yes

fixes that bug.  Of course, opinions vary as to whether it is a bug or a
feature.

Thanks, I was unaware of that variable.

However, it only copies the script if it doesn't already exist.  It
won't update it along with the package.

--
Life is a game.  Play hard.  Play fair.  Have fun.