Re: Daemon user

On 5/13/24 09:20, Jason Bacon wrote:

Is there a canonical way to control the user:group running a daemon on
NetBSD via the rc script?

I'm not finding anything in the docs or example packages like apache.

Thanks,

Life is a game.  Play hard.  Play fair.  Have fun.

Nevermind... I just realized that I have to manually copy the updated rc script to /etc/rc.d. This differs from FreeBSD, where the port/package automatically installs rc scripts to ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d and they run from there.

munge_user="munge" does the trick then.

--
Life is a game.  Play hard.  Play fair.  Have fun.