Re: macOS clang has enabled -Werror=implicit-int

On 17 Mar 2024, at 14:53, Greg A. Woods wrote:

Have you tried using "-std=c90" (or "-std=gnu90")?  It works for me in
all the cases I've had to deal with so far.

Can you say more about how to apply this idea in the current context? My imagination is limited to either explicitly setting the equivalent of USE_CC_FEATURES=c90 in each package that seems to need it, or else making that the default language level. Neither of these seems likely to meet all three criteria on my mind at the moment:

1. "Fixes" for the moment whatever the new compiler defaults would break
2. Doesn't cause anything new to break for anyone else
3. Is conservative and effective late in the quarter, heading into a freeze for the next stable branch

Am I wrong in thinking such a change won't fit at the moment? Or did you have something else in mind?

Thanks,

- Amitai