Re: Fixing lang/python311 by splitting off NIS module (Re: using pkg-config modules from host (Re: wip/py-numpy + blas))

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> writes:

> On Wednesday, December 27, 2023 4:02:53 PM CET Greg Troxel wrote:
>> This seems like a very big change this late in the freeze.
>
> On the contrary, it actually simplifies the situation a lot. I'm not
> convinced that anyone actually uses py-nis and until that point,
> I would prefer to just disable it and wait for someone to complain...

Withdrawals are supposed to have a proposal and chance for discussion.
And, 12h notice to detect, report etc. before branch is just not a
reasonable way to treat people.

And, I'm not so concerned about the intended change in behavior.  It's
far more than code changes that intend to do one thing often do
something else.