Re: Substitute for git-package.mk in pkgsrc proper?

On Wed, Dec 06, 2023 at 04:44:42PM +0100, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2023 17:31:57 +1100
> Paul Ripke <stix%stix.id.au@localhost> wrote:
>
> > I'm looking at cleaning up wip/prusaslicer and dependencies for promotion
> > into pkgsrc, and I'm stuck on wip/opencascade-git, where the fetch options
> > are password protected download URL, or fetch via git.
> >
> > Is there any easy solution for these?
>
> There is a package in cad/occt which you might be able to use instead.
> I haven't really tested it, was packaged as a dependency for kicad.
> Feel free to suggest improvements that can be carried over from wip.

Huh! I was going to say "how'd I miss that?" but I didn't think to go
looking for packages named "occt".

Ok, I've merged in the diffs from cad/occt into wip/opencascade, and it
now appears to work as a dependency of both cad/kicad and wip/prusaslicer.
fwiw, cad/occt does not work with wip/prusaslicer without some of these
differences.

Thoughts about the name? "occt" is here and there, but not immediately
obvious. And FreeBSD ports calls it "cad/opencascade"...

--
Paul Ripke
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds