Re: Changing to a more recent-ish PHP_VERSION_DEFAULT ?

Le 13/11/2023 à 01:50, Takahiro Kambe a écrit :
	Jean-Yves Migeon <jym%helkyn.org@localhost> wrote:
>> [snip]
LGTM, I will give it a "go" with 8.1 then
I'll do it after go home today.

(Some packages require PKGREVISION bump.)

/wave

FYI after Benny's mail I started a rebuild tonight -- a bulk build fails resolving dependencies with one package (Moodle). I am ignoring that one for now.

Moodle accepts PHP version 8.0 and 8.1:

   http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/www/moodle/

And lists php-json and php-xmlrpc as dependencies, which do not exist with 8.1.

I had a similar situation for JSON with 8.2, JSON seems to be enabled in core's PHP starting with 8.0 -- so is not a separate extension anymore [1]

However XMLRPC is on the unmaintained line since 8.0, and not part of their src anymore [2]

[1] https://pecl.php.net/package/json

[2] https://pecl.php.net/package/xmlrpc

--
jym@