Re: Changing to a more recent-ish PHP_VERSION_DEFAULT ?

>> If it's more or less concluded already that 8.1 is the
>> answer (it seems like yes, and that seems like a reasonable conclusion),
>> I'd rather just flip today and start the find/fix process.
>
> I am unfamiliar with non-leaf lang packages -- do we make the switch and ping all listed maintainers of php-* packages to test -current?

I am not sure what the official process is, or if there even is one. What I do for Go is:

1. Change the default version in my working copy.
2. Do a bulk build with all dependent packages.
3. Fix the breakage (usually by updating the package), or notify the maintainer if I cannot fix it.
4. Commit the change of default version.

—
Benny