Re: Documented way to update python?

> Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 17:31:33 +0200
> From: Thomas Klausner <wiz%gatalith.at@localhost>
>
> On Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 03:19:11PM +0000, John Klos wrote:
> > Is it documented anywhere how people should upgrade from python311 to
> > python311 with py-curses, py-expat, py-readline and py-sqlite3 included?
>
> If you ask me, use pkgin and binary packages that you either built
> yourself or from ftp.NetBSD.org.
>
> > Is it just a pkg_delete -f py-curses, py-expat, py-readline and py-sqlite3,
> > then pkg_rolling-replace?
>
> That will probably work. But also remove py-cursespanel and
> py-cElementTree, if installed.

This strikes me as a bad user experience -- why do we need any manual
intervention for an upgrade to work?  Can we have stub py312-expat &c.
packages that don't do anything?

There's also the broader issue of -- if I want pyN-mumblefrotz
installed where N is the current default Python version, and I want to
update packages after the default is now N+1, how can I get the system
to automagically update to py(N+1)-mumblefrotz?