Re: Bulk for HEAD

Frédéric Fauberteau <triaxx%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> If I run a bulk build for my 10.99.10, will the packages be compatible
> with 10.99.xx (for xx > 10)?

Maybe, but that question is really about current's ABI compat policy
more than pkgsrc.  I suspect the answer is "probably", but that current
doesn't have a rule against breaking ABI compat with earlier current.

The other question, that you didn't ask and might or might not care
about, is if you install such a set, and then build some of your own,
will things be ok.  Again, only probably, and not if there is an ABI
change.

> If not, would there be a way to provide
> bulk builds for HEAD (without building ~40 GB of packages for each
> version increment)?

It's not about the version, which is about the in-kernel ABI.   It needs
to be rebuilt every time there is a userland ABI change.   But no, there
is no way to do this without doing it -- and thus I don't really follow
your question.