Re: Imagemagick policy

I'm a security person, so I really do not agree with insecure-by-default, even if it is the upstream policy/opinion.
The patch we have was added by the pkgsrc security team to address a published issue.
Please don't use the open config as default.

ImageMagick is installed as a dependency for other packages too, including several that are clearly intended to be network services.

Maybe I am not the typical pkgsrc user, but I don't think I have ever installed it on a single user machine.

Thanks,

  - Tim

On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 10:13 AM Thomas Klausner <wiz%gatalith.at@localhost> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 10:44:11AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> It seems obvious (hah!) that the security policy should be controlled by
> something in etc as a config file, so that it survives updates.  If not,
> that would be great to fix.

It already is a config file, even now.
 Thomas