Re: Broken USE_PKGSRC_GCC handling

* On 2023-10-09 at 14:07 BST, Greg Troxel wrote:

Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%mnx.io@localhost> writes:

And I would strongly recommend architecting this correctly so the
logic is kept in mk/platform/NetBSD.mk.  mk/compiler is already far
too complex, and that makes it very easy to introduce bugs like this.

A fair point that things are broken and should be fixed, but I don't see
why this is specific to NetBSD.

Yes, there are some other small OPSYS sections that could also be abstracted, but they are generally self-contained and commented while the NetBSD bits are a lot more invasive, uncommented, and right in the middle of complex logic which is likely a leading factor as to how this bug was introduced.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com