Re: Inconsistent ${WRKDIR} with cross-compiling

> Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 13:01:53 -0600
> From: Brook Milligan <brook%nmsu.edu@localhost>
>
> My pkgsrc cross-compile adventure seems to have revealed an
> inconsistency in the definition of ${WRKDIR} between the building
> and cleaning phases.  I'm losing track of the variable definitions
> along the way, so perhaps someone with greater familiarity with
> cross-compiling will recognize the issue and suggest a fix.

I've noticed that, and never bothered to track it down because I just
use a separate WRKOBJDIR that I blow away from time to time.

See WRKDIR_BASENAME for the default WRKDIR construction -- when
cross-compiling, it has `.${MACHINE_ARCH}' added by default.  (This
will soon change to `.${MACHINE_PLATFORM}'.)

Fixing this probably requires convincing the clean-depends target to
pass USE_CROSS_COMPILE=yes/no as appropriate for the dependencies,
kind of like _DEPENDS_INSTALL_CMD in pkgformat/pkg/depends.mk.  But
it's been a low priority for me to investigate the right way to do
this.  _DEPENDS_WALK_CMD or a variant of it will need to be taught
to treat TOOL_DEPENDS differently, perhaps.