Re: maintaining bulk-{small,medium,large}

On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 05:07:14PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
 > > I think rust has to be limited to bulk-large.
 >
 > For the current specifications of the three levels I would have to
 > agree, but I feel like there should be scope for something below the
 > largest bulk meta package which includes firefox (& implicitly rust),
 > whether that is bulk-medium or a bulk-desktop.

Why? I mean, the point of bulk-large is that it's still a lot smaller
than "everything".

The build quota times are basically "over lunch", "overnight", and "a
full day". Is there a point in between the latter two that makes sense
as another target?

Also I question what the point of an explicit bulk-desktop is given
that most of bulk-large is desktop stuff.

 > How horrible would it be to set something in bulk-small/Makefile which
 > would cause any subsequent rust build to abort?

Since bulk-large and bulk-medium depend on bulk-small, any direct
rustproofing that goes into bulk-small will make bulk-large fail. (Not
to mention it will make builds of "everything" fail.)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost