Re: sysutils/u-boot-tools package

> On Aug 29, 2023, at 6:13 AM, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 06:01:02AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>> Sure, but Brook is saying that because of some reason the u-boot-tools
>>> build needs to have a cross compiler available, but doesn't use it, and
>>> because of how pkgsrc does that, other things happen.  But I am not sure
>>> I got this right.
>>
>> Pretty sure it doesn't need a cross compiler. I read it as: the way it is
>> used by the concrete u-boot pkg makes pkgsrc assume it needs one (but
>> I did not understand why that would be).
>
> OK, so let's fix this right.

Yes, that’s clearly the goal.  I’ve just had trouble finding the right configuration that does not require a cross-compiler.

However, that said, I have now figured it out.  Please take a look at wip/u-boot-tools.  It now builds natively with minimal patches.

I intend to commit this soonish, and so would appreciate comments.

Cheers,
Brook