Re: mozilla rootcerts in base

------- Original Message -------
On Tuesday, August 29th, 2023 at 10:31 AM, Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> > Shouldn't pkgsrc know about the change and allow the removable of mozilla-rootcerts without removing all packages depending on it?
>

> Note that mozilla-rootcerts != /etc/openssl. The certificates are
> somewhere under $prefix, and you can install them through
> mozilla-rootcerts-openssl or running the "mozilla-rootcerts install"
> command. The installed packages are probably relying on the
> certificates in the pkgsrc prefix.
>
> --
> Benny

Yes, I'm aware of the prefix and you are probably right. But, say something depends on e.g. libX11. pkgsrc will pick base libX11 and won't start building x11/libX11

Shouldn't the behavior be similar?
I'm fine with rebuilding the 23 packages but, I would like to be sure that security/mozilla-rootcerts doesn't get re-installed.

/Pedro