Re: package updates for 10.0

------- Original Message -------
Em terça-feira, 4 de julho de 2023 às 13:34, Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> escreveu:

> On 7/3/23 12:05, David Brownlee wrote:

> > > I did not build them. I am waiting for OpenSSL 3 to be pulled up to
> > > 10, because it isn't useful building packages if the ABI is going
> > > to immediately break.
> >
> > Ah, but that pullup is due on a NetBSD "immediately" :-p
> >
> > It's going to be a flag day for anyone running netbsd-10, but as we
> > are still making older netbsd-10 binary packages which people are
> > using, it makes some sense to build updated ones...
> >
> > It's probably one of those cases where as soon as you give in and
> > actually make packages available for netbsd-10, openssl3 will finally
> > be enabled in netbsd-10, but then that will be good, as we'll have
> > openssl3 in netbsd-10 :)
> >
> > David

I see aarch64 has new packages. So why not amd64? This OpenSSL3-thing looks will take more time to get imported to 10. 10.0 packages are 2/3 a year behind 9.3. Will we must to wait to complete 1 year from the current 10.0 repository to get binary updates?

Sent from ProtonMail, Swiss-based encrypted email.